Zap Energy is currently looking for an experienced High Voltage Pulsed Power Engineer to design, test, operate, and troubleshoot pulsed power components and systems. The Engineer will also be involved in future work consisting of a novel repetitive pulsed power system design and test. This position will work with other Zap Energy scientific, engineering, and technical staff on the design, assembly, fielding, and operations of the next-generation Zap Energy SFS Z-pinch experiment and associated pulsed power systems and diagnostic electronics. The ideal candidate is an organized, inventive problem solver, capable of working through technical challenges and employing sound, pragmatic solutions through team efforts. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Position level will depend on experience.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, test, operate, and troubleshoot pulsed power components and systems
- Design, test, operate, and troubleshoot repetitive pulsed power components and systems
- Provide general experimental electronics support for design, assembly, fielding, and operations of Zap Energy research experiments
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-5+ years in Pulsed Power/High Voltage Electronics design and test experience
- Calibration knowledge and fielding experience of Pulsed Power probes/sensors (High Voltage monitors, Rogowskis, current transformers, etc.)
- Data analysis including reduction, interpretation, and error analysis
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned projects, working with technical staff
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Pulsed Power switch and component design/implementation experience
- Familiarity in design, procurement, assembly, fielding, operations, and analysis of fusion plasma physics experiment or high power pulsed experiments
Benefits of joining Zap Energy - While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Premium medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
Zap Energy is building a low-cost, compact and scalable fusion energy platform that conﬁnes and compresses plasma without the need for expensive and complex magnetic coils. Zap’s sheared-flow-stabilized Z-pinch technology offers the shortest potential path to commercially viable fusion and requires orders of magnitude less capital than traditional approaches. Zap Energy has over 60 employees in two facilities near Seattle and is backed by leading ﬁnancial and strategic investors. Zap Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org