Zap Energy is looking for a strong, in-house electrician with experience working on
commercial buildings and large-scale electrical projects. Responsibilities will cover the
full scope of installing and maintaining electrical infrastructure at our two facilities in
Everett and Mukilteo, WA.
Among other things, regular responsibilities will include:
- Assist with design, layout, and installation of high voltage and low voltage
power systems. Understand and apply blueprints and technical diagrams.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems.
- Assist in circuit layout design and planning auxiliary power (generators,
- Inventory management (maintaining stocks of supplies, vendor lists, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and be a currently licensed electrician authorized to work in Washington.
- Experience in various electrical devices and systems is necessary, this could include installation of electrical gear, panels, conduit, racks, electrical cable, and equipment in both office and warehouse/lab settings.
Who you are:
- Experience with CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks).
- Experience with power generation equipment and distribution/
- The ideal candidate is knowledgeable of state and local building regulations, detail-
- oriented, organized, focused on safety, and a good communicator.
Benefits of joining Zap Energy - While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all employees:
- You’re optimistic about the future and care about the planet
- You’re never tired of learning
- You have a “can do” attitude
- You appreciate direct communication
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Premium medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
Zap Energy is building a low-cost, compact and scalable fusion energy platform that conﬁnes and compresses plasma without the need for expensive and complex magnetic coils. Zap’s sheared-flow-stabilized Z-pinch technology offers the shortest potential path to commercially viable fusion and requires orders of magnitude less capital than traditional approaches. Zap Energy has over 60 employees in two facilities near Seattle and is backed by leading ﬁnancial and strategic investors. Zap Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org