Come join the best and brightest here at Zap Energy!
We are searching for an experienced Scientific Data Systems Engineer to design and manage data ingestion, serving, and analysis pipelines to meet the current and anticipated needs of our growing organization.
In this role, you will have broad authority to shape and spec Zap’s data processing practices to meet the requirements of world-class science and engineering teams at the forefront of fusion research.
- Work with scientists from multiple disciplines to understand data needs and explain technical tradeoffs.
- Design, deploy, administer, and evolve data services using industry best practices, commercial or open-source technologies, and custom software as needed.
- Monitor data pipeline performance to identify bottlenecks and suggest improvements.
- Monitor data integrity, curating data as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Document system architecture and communicate usage to interested stakeholders.
Data science analysis experience using packages in python like pandas, scikit, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, physics, or other technical field. (Master’s preferred)
- Extensive experience designing and deploying high-performance services to handle scientific data.
- Interface with internal customers like scientists and engineers to understand requirements and constraints for data services.
- Show demonstrated success in combining multiple data sources (e.g., digitizers, imagers, counters) as well as data regimes (e.g., experiment, simulation, and test) into a cohesive data story.
- Building GUI dashboards for high-level technical investigation of data.
- Experience managing databases.
Who you are:
- Experience managing multidimensional data sets like time series, photos, and videos.
- Ability to interface with common data acquisition packages such as Labview.
Benefits of joining Zap Energy - While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all employees:
- You’re optimistic about the future and care about the planet
- You’re never tired of learning
- You have a “can do” attitude
- You appreciate direct communication
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Premium medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
Zap Energy is a leading fusion energy start-up developing a breakthrough which has the potential to deliver almost limitless carbon-free energy and change the way humans interact with the planet. Traditional approaches to fusion have failed to reach energy breakeven. Zap Energy has rethought the status quo by removing magnets, developing the smallest, most economical and most scalable fusion reactor. We achieved significant milestones in both 2020 and 2021.
Zap Energy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.
Please contact email@example.com