Zap Energy is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Senior Facilities Manager with proven abilities in project management, facility planning, vendor relations, and cross-team collaboration.
This position reports to the Chief of Staff and is responsible for assisting the Zap Energy team with the deployment of new facilities and supporting existing Zap Energy facility maintenance and building infrastructure in Everett and Mukilteo, WA. The Senior Facilities Manager will drive the coordination, implementation, and evaluation of new and daily facilities activities including the upkeep of space, maintaining building systems and equipment, supporting construction projects, and supervising building services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establishes standards and procedures and ensures all facilities operate and are maintained in alignment with agreed standards
- Builds strong relationships with key business stakeholders by monitoring and listening to feedback, delivering custom reporting for business-critical elements such as occupancy, new site launches and facility improvements
- Makes sure that buildings are presentable, clean, safe and an acceptable environment for occupants and visitors
- Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining facilities
- Forecasts and prepares budgets and requested financial/business analysis
- Interprets and applies legal terms and structures for standard commercial contracts and leases
- Conducts site inspections, facility audits, work order progress reports, and other related reports
- Supports special projects and strategic initiatives for the company, collaborating with cross-functional partners such as HR, IT, Marketing, Procurement, Lab Management, Legal, and others
- Reports all matters relating to the sites, risks, projects, budgets and details to the Chief of Staff, Lab Manager, and leadership when needed to and as agreed in the reporting cadence and structure
- Interfaces directly with the sourcing and contract management and the environmental health and safety functions
- Serves as the primary facilities point of contact for all significant facilities matters.
- 10-15 years’ experience of combined facilities management, building operations, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), contractor/vendor management and facilities project management
- Experience in maintenance/construction projects and service supplier management
- Knowledge and experience with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, equipment predictive/preventative maintenance and emergency power systems
- Ability to read and interpret architectural prints, job specifications and develop thorough statements of work (SOWs)
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines, and other federal, state and local regulations
- Experience with generators, ATS, switch gear, BMS & fire alarm systems, UPS etc.
- Knowledge and experience with strategic commercial facilities planning and commercial real-estate.
- Knowledge and experience with the latest sustainability trends, including alternative energy, LEED certification, green-building/smart-building methods.
- Knowledge and experience with material handling and aerial lift equipment.
- Knowledge of blueprint and construction documents is necessary, including recognition of general construction, HVAC, BMS, electrical and plumbing drawings. Proficient with means and methods. Excellent knowledge of building and fire codes required
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint) MS Project and BMS systems
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time
- BS/MS in Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant technical concentration
- Lean Six Sigma Training/Certification
- Experience developing and managing budgets with excellent financial, vendor, and contract management skills.
- Knowledge of industry trends and direction
Culture & Fit
Who you are:
- Known for exceptional problem-solving and follow-up with key stakeholders
- Successfully plan for and consider change management for users in facility updates and moves
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak with all levels of employees, guests, vendors, and team members
- Great time management, organization, and prioritization abilities
- Keen attention to detail
Opportunity & Zap Values
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, Zap Energy also offers the following:
Zap Energy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital or medical status, national origin, military or veteran status, sexual orientation/gender expression or identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Premium health insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays