Zap Energy is currently looking for a self-motivated HV Technician with knowledge of high voltage pulse-power systems. Working with Zap Energy scientific and technical staff, the HV Technician will assist with fabrication, assembly and operation of the pulse-power systems. The ideal candidate is an organized, inventive problem solver, capable of working through technical challenges and employing sound, pragmatic solutions through team efforts.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist Zap Energy scientific and engineering staff with fabrication, assembly, and operation of high-voltage pulsed-power systems
- Provide suggestions for design improvements
- Equipment testing and maintenance
- Assist in Zap Energy experimental operations
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Physics and 2+ years experience as an electrical/mechanical Technician or Associate's degree and 4+ years experience as an electrical/mechanical Technician or 6+ years experience as an electrical/mechanical Technician
- 2+ years experience with pulsed power systems
- Experience with hand and machine tools
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing high voltage devices and/or systems
- Experience with CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks)
- Experience machining parts for high voltage systems
- Experience with electronics and AC electrical power
Benefits of joining Zap Energy - While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Premium medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
Zap Energy Inc. is developing and commercializing fusion energy technology using the sheared-flow stabilized (SFS) Z-pinch. The highly-motivated scientific and technical team is conducting fast-paced, exciting, break-through work to push the SFS Z-pinch technology toward scientific breakeven conditions: successful achievement of this goal will revolutionize energy production. Zap Energy's approach represents the most elegant fusion configuration, as it does not require magnetic field coils nor auxiliary heating. Zap Energy focuses on rigorous experimental and computational research methodologies. Zap Energy is a well-funded spinout company from the University of Washington, located in the northern Seattle WA area.
Zap Energy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.
Please contact email@example.com