Zap Energy is currently looking for a self-motivated HV Technician with knowledge of high voltage pulse-power systems. Working with Zap Energy scientific and technical staff, the HV Technician will assist with fabrication, assembly and operation of the pulse-power systems. The ideal candidate is an organized, inventive problem solver, capable of working through technical challenges and employing sound, pragmatic solutions through team efforts.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist Zap Energy scientific and engineering staff with fabrication, assembly, and operation of high-voltage pulsed-power systems
- Provide suggestions for design improvements
- Equipment testing and maintenance
- Assist in Zap Energy experimental operations
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Physics and 2+ years experience as an electrical/mechanical Technician or Associate's degree and 4+ years experience as an electrical/mechanical Technician or 6+ years experience as an electrical/mechanical Technician
- 2+ years experience with pulsed power systems
- Experience with hand and machine tools
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing high voltage devices and/or systems
- Experience with CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks)
- Experience machining parts for high voltage systems
- Experience with electronics and AC electrical power
Benefits of joining Zap Energy - While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Premium medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
Zap Energy is building a low-cost, compact and scalable fusion energy platform that conﬁnes and compresses plasma without the need for expensive and complex magnetic coils. Zap’s sheared-flow-stabilized Z-pinch technology offers the shortest potential path to commercially viable fusion and requires orders of magnitude less capital than traditional approaches. Zap Energy has over 60 employees in two facilities near Seattle and is backed by leading ﬁnancial and strategic investors. Zap Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.
Please contact email@example.com