Marketing & Communications Specialist
As a high-growth company in the emerging fusion energy industry, we are always looking for better ways of getting our message out, helping others understand what we do, and exciting audiences on the potential impact of carbon-free energy. That's where you come in.
Zap Energy is looking for a highly capable and savvy Marketing & Communications Specialist to help inform and excite diverse audiences about Zap Energy’s mission to power the planet. The role will lead a variety of communications and outreach activities as the company races to bring fusion energy out of the lab and onto the grid.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building brand awareness through high-quality, fun, and engaging content across a variety of platforms. The position will work with Zap Energy’s Head of Communication to create content like blog and social media posts, coordinate with key stakeholders and spokespeople, and build a positive culture at a fast-paced, quickly growing company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write blog posts, news articles and other materials for broad set of audiences
- Create content for social media to encourage engagement with our mission
- Develop Zap Energy’s brand voice and messaging as a modern, ambitious and exciting company preparing to change the world
- Help develop Zap’s communications strategy and thought leadership initiatives
- Use communications as a means to build internal cohesion and reinforce a positive company culture
- Take action on a wide variety of emerging communications opportunities and demands that will help position Zap Energy for success
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and a mastery of language, particularly for building online audiences
- A demonstrated record of creating content and growing an online following
- Excellent organizational skills with internal drive to accomplish goals independently, expertly and on short timelines
- Knowledge of media, marketing and communications trends
- Enthusiasm and passion for clean energy and technology
- A clear understanding of audiences and how to create positive ROI
- Expertise working with digital content creation tools like blogging platforms, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- 2-5 years of experience in content marketing, journalism, or another form of public communications
- Clear examples of past work that communicates a topic in a way that is clever, surprising and well-received
- Visual content creation skills and experience (i.e. photography, video and graphic design)
- A degree in a field related to communications
Who you are:
- A do-er – biased toward execution
- Confident – readily accepts and embraces criticism
- Current – caught up and savvy about the latest trends and best practices
- Creative – thinks beyond the status quo
- Professional – understands the importance of maintaining high standards
Opportunity & Zap Values
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, Zap Energy also offers the following:
Zap Energy is building a low-cost, compact and scalable fusion energy platform that conﬁnes and compresses plasma without the need for expensive and complex magnetic coils. Zap’s sheared-flow-stabilized Z-pinch technology offers the shortest potential path to commercially viable fusion and requires orders of magnitude less capital than traditional approaches. Zap Energy has over 60 employees in two facilities near Seattle and is backed by leading ﬁnancial and strategic investors. Zap Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Premium health insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays